“Happy Birthday to You”
Reading the news these days can be scary. Staying informed about the coronavirus is important, but it is just as important to stay balanced and grounded. The question is “how?” Here’s my current plan:
1. Wash my hands often, singing two verses of “Happy Birthday” for the suggested time–20 to 30 seconds– for good hygiene results. It also makes me happy and appreciative of being alive–this day!
2. Limit my newsfeed exposure to twice a day.
3. Keep up with the little rituals that bring me pleasure–morning coffee, walking doggie, writing in my journal, meditation.
4. Cook simple healthy meals; this week’s included Turkey Chili with Corn Muffins and Pasta con Pesto.
5. Walk. “Solvitur ambulando”–“It is solved by walking.” Keeping the energy moving is good for my body, mind and spirit.
6. Do what I love to do–write, create art, read, study Spanish.
7. LOVE and give thanks for family and friends and pets and health professionals and the help we can all give to one another.
8. Give thanks for life, now.
“I find ecstasy in living–the mere sense of living is joy enough.”
6 thoughts on ““Happy Birthday to You””
PERFETTO AMICO MIO
I love that you quoted Emily Dickinson. She lived her whole life as if a plague were afoot…as a recluse. If she could find such joy and gratitude just being, so can we. Thank you for sharing your thoughts and sound advice!
So great to hear from you! Stay healthy!! And let’s see if 2020 can provide a rendezvous time
for all of us.♥️
Thanks for your simple, down to earth suggestions for stating healthy and happy! And thanks to Emily Dickinson for her inspiration as well.
You’re welcome! Now to follow my own, and Emily D’s, advice🥴